Creating apps with no code
South SHROPSHIRE Chamber of Commerce | Tuesday 3rd march 2020
On this page you will be able watch the talk that was given and access the notes and resources used in the delivery of the talk.
1) Watch the talk again
2) Who's Who?
3) What is a Progressive Web App?
It is intended to work on any platform that uses a standards-compliant browser. Functionality includes working offline, push notifications, and device hardware access, enabling creating user experiences similar to native applications on desktop and mobile devices.
Since progressive web apps are a type of webpage or website known as a web application, there is no requirement for developers or users to install the web apps via digital distribution systems like Apple App Store or Google Play."https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_web_application
4) Introducing Glide
5) creating a simple business app
6) What else can you make?
There are lots of other examples of apps you can make, with ready made templates that are good to go.
For more inspiration, check out the Glide Apps template gallery via the link below:
- Click here to visit the Glide Templates page.
Would you like to know more?
We are running a series of workshops that allow businesses to go "hands on" with Glide and create their own PWA.
For further details and to book your place, please click here.
7) Useful Links
- Google Account Creation - You need a Google account to use Glide Apps.
- Glide Apps Website - This is the website that you will use to make your web app.
- Glide Apps Templates - A series of ready made templates you can tweak.
- Google Drive - This is where the back end spreadsheet that powers your app is stored.
- Glide Documentation - This is the online manual for Glide.
- Glide Support Forums - If you have a question about using Glide, this is a good place to go to get answers from fellow Glide users.